[Marxism] Robespierre : The Personality of a Revolutionary

shaun may mnwps at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 05:53:13 MST 2014

A very interesting and thought-provoking paper by Peter McPhee who is Professorial Fellow at the University of Melbourne. McPhee traces the origins and development of the personality of Robespierre and how this impacted on his life as a revolutionary.

I have also been reading Lucille Iremonger's 'The Fiery Chariot' which is a study of the childhoods of British Prime Ministers and how the psychological internalisation of these experiences profoundly affected their political lives. Iremonger and her husband were both Tories and yet what a very interesting study she has produced here.

full text at....

http://www.h-france.net/rude/rudevoliv/McPheeVol4.pdf

http://shaunpmay.wordpress.com

http://spmay.wordpress.com

Take it easy  (favourite motto of Engels)

Doubt everything (favourite motto of Marx)

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
Groucho Marx

'Sir, if you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'  Nancy Astor.
'Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.' Winston Churchill.

Blenheim Palace, 1912