[Marxism] Does anybody have a Nation Magazine subscription?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Feb 21 17:11:12 MST 2014

On 2/21/14 4:43 PM, Sheldon Ranz wrote:
> Today's piece, "The Attacks on Sochi",  has him attacking gay people,
> asserting that gay people had it OK in Nazi Germany as long as they were
> "prudent".  This is not his first time waxing homophobic in Counterpunch,
> just his most blatant.

Actually I got started writing for Counterpunch after Jeff St. Clair
noticed me blasting some article there that attacked Pussy Riot. To my
great surprise, he invited me to write a response. That led to me
writing on a regular basis.

Frankly, I no longer think about who writes for CP other than the people
I really like, from Clancy Sigal to David Yearsley. Think about it.
There are THIRTY-EIGHT articles in today's weekend edition. There are 5
I object to, starting with Pepe Escobar who I loathe. But there are 33
others that I can get something out of. How does that stack up against
other Internet publications on the left? I find next to nothing of value
in something like Truthdig. ZNet is a bit better but much of the stuff
that appears there is crossposted from somewhere else. I think we'd all
be worse off without CP. I can't say that I'd miss Truthdig or ZNet if
they stopped publishing.