[Marxism] In defense of art history: against the neoliberal imagination

Adam Turl adamcturl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 22:22:49 MST 2014

*In Defense of Art History: Against the Neoliberal Imagination*

Obama thinks art history is useless. We think a lot of things about that.

*Editorial <http://redwedgemagazine.com/writer/editorial> -- February 21,
2014*

*"A lot of young people no longer see the trades and skilled manufacturing
as a viable career. But I can promise you, folks can make a lot more,
potentially, with skilled manufacturing or the trades than they might with
an art history degree. Now, nothing wrong with an art history degree -- I
love art history. So I don't want to get a bunch of emails from everybody.
I'm just saying, you can make a really good living and have a great career
without getting a four-year college education, as long as you get the
skills and training that you need." -- Barack Obama speaking to workers in
Wisconsin.*

http://redwedgemagazine.com/articles/defense-art-history-neoliberal-imagination