[Marxism] Tom Holland on the Origins of Islam

shaun may mnwps at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 22 06:56:25 MST 2014

"What if it wasn't Islam that gave birth to the Arab empire but the Arab empire that gave birth to Islam"

"As a Historian, I have to presume that the city of God was built by the city of Man"

Tom Holland's controversial but thought-provoking documentary on the origins of Islam. Not a "Marxist"discourse, of course, but not "islamophobic" either as the wahhabists and salafists like to insist.

video at...

http://vimeo.com/49439561

http://shaunpmay.wordpress.com

http://spmay.wordpress.com

Take it easy  (favourite motto of Engels)

Doubt everything (favourite motto of Marx)

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
Groucho Marx

'Sir, if you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'  Nancy Astor.
'Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.' Winston Churchill.

Blenheim Palace, 1912