[Marxism] Fascist threat in Ukraine?

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 24 12:36:22 MST 2014

    ----- Original Message -----  From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>

   With all the talk about fascism in the Ukraine, I have to ask myself   what would it be meant to destroy?

***
In part, perhaps, it appears they want to destroy the cultural survivals from the Soviet era in the Ukraine - a secular, multicultural and multilingual society.

But to respond to your post generally, what else would you call Svoboda et al?  Yes the social political context in the Ukraine is different than that in Post World War I Europe but then  we have historically been willing, for instance, to call movements "Communist" even when they exist in conditions far different than 1918 Russia. SR