[Marxism] Venezuela Is No Ukraine - Bloomberg View

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Feb 25 14:36:15 MST 2014

Opposition leaders may gain political capital from the current
discontent. But only broad unrest among the poorest members of society
could shake Maduro’s control. Former presidential candidate Henrique
Capriles Radonski made that clear when he declined to support the recent
opposition led protests earlier this month: “Where are the poor in all
of this? There’s none, and we won’t participate because we won’t fall
for this, we won’t let ourselves be carried away” by events.

full:
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-02-25/venezuela-is-no-ukraine