[Marxism] Ukraine, Stalin, Hitler, and the American liberal | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Feb 26 12:50:59 MST 2014

It has been a long time since I considered the contradictions of
Ukrainian history but the widespread belief that Ukraine is about to
become the modern-day equivalent of the Third Reich is evidence that
many on the left have little interest in the beleaguered nation’s history.

Furthermore, I continue to be amazed by the failure of some leftists to
put rightwing Ukrainian nationalism in context, as if the toppling of
Lenin statues was prima facie evidence of the need to have backed the
ousted president Viktor Yanukovych. For such people the fact that
President Putin backed him was grounds in and of itself to oppose the
protest movement, as if neoliberal Russia had anything to do with the USSR.

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2014/02/26/ukraine-stalin-hitler-and-the-american-liberal/