[Marxism] House Democrat Unleashes On Obama Judicial Nominees, White House Pushes Back Hard

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Feb 27 06:39:44 MST 2014

An intra-party scuffle over Georgia judicial nominees escalated
Wednesday as Rep. David Scott (D-Ga.) tore into President Barack Obama
for showing "disrespect" to America by nominating two social
conservatives, while White House counsel Kathryn Ruemmler defended the
president's picks as the best option.

"Do we work with Republican senators to find a compromise, or should we
leave the seats vacant?" Ruemmler asked in an interview with The
Huffington Post. "We believe it would be grossly irresponsible for the
president to leave these seats vacant."

Months of controversy exploded into public view again when Scott, in an
interview on NewsOne Radio with Roland Martin, said it is incumbent on
civil rights groups to convince Obama to pull down Georgia district
court nominees Michael Boggs and Mark Cohen, and said the president will
thank them for it later. Boggs, a former state legislator, has come
under intense fire from civil rights leaders, abortion rights groups and
those representing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people over
past votes to keep the confederate insignia on the Georgia state flag,
to tighten restrictions on access to abortion and to ban same-sex
marriage. Cohen, meanwhile, has taken heat for successfully defending
Georgia's voter ID law in court.

full:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/david-scott-obama-judicial-nominee_n_4861043.html