[Marxism] Whither Ukraine? » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

h0ost host at mailoo.org
Fri Feb 28 08:50:20 MST 2014

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Clay Claiborne <clayclai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>> There is absolutely no proof or even concrete allegation there. There is
>> no there there. You aren't suppose to check it, just see it as you read
>> and assume a footnote that backs up the allegation with something other
>> than more conjecture. It's a fake out! There is no intellectual honesty
>> there. That is why I find I have less and less time for stuff like this
>> Counterpunch crap.

Whatever one makes of the article's arguments, I think it is ridiculous
to suggest that someone like Vogt-Downey is a superficial student of
Ukrainian/Russian politics.  Or, that Counterpunch is crap.  Don't know
about you, but I can't find many alternatives that can match its scale
and quality (as uneven it may be at times) on the U.S. left.