[Marxism] [Pen-l] Prediction: Ukraine's love affair with the West will be short-lived

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 10:13:37 MST 2014

The speculations in this thread about popular reaction to coming austerity
reinforce the importance of making contact now with Ukrainian leftists.

One particularly good site to follow their doings is:
http://www.criticatac.ro/lefteast/

... which also covers Bosnia and other flashpoints.

Odds are in the course of making connections we'll also meet some young
Ukrainians (and, again, Bosnians etc.) in the US (and Western Europe etc.)
willing to help do solidarity. For those of you familiar with New York's
reactionary Ukrainian mainstream organizations, don't laugh; after all
there's a very vibrant Greek Left coalition here which arose and flourishes
despite similarly conservative mainstream Greek NY politics. (Same for
Egyptians, Turks and others here.)