[Marxism] From a Notebook on Dialectics

shaun may mnwps at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 14:51:03 MST 2014

Ralph Johansen wrote :

"perceiving abstractly the world in motion"

Explain to the list what you mean by the word "abstractly" in this bit.

Then that will form a point of departure for any discussion. I sense that we have a different conception of the term. No point in discussion if there is a dichotomy in what the term actually means.

http://shaunpmay.wordpress.com

http://spmay.wordpress.com

Take it easy  (favourite motto of Engels)

Doubt everything (favourite motto of Marx)

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
Groucho Marx

'Sir, if you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'  Nancy Astor.
'Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.' Winston Churchill.

Blenheim Palace, 1912