[Marxism] Sullivan County Democrat: Riseling returns from trip to Cuba

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jan 1 09:44:58 MST 2014

 From my hometown newspaper in upstate NY no less.

http://www.sc-democrat.com/news/2013December/31/news.htm

A voyage to Cuba

Story by Dan Hust

CALLICOON CENTER — December 31, 2013 — When farmer and activist Dick
Riseling first set foot in Cuba, he witnessed the changes brought about
– good and bad – by the Fidel Castro administration.

“I wanted to see what a real revolution was like,” he recalled.
Nearly 50 years later, he returned to see yet another revolution – this
one in agriculture.

“I knew I’d learn a lot,” he affirmed, “because they’re just so innovative.”

Riseling came home to Callicoon Center on December 2 after spending
nearly two weeks in and around Havana, finding out how the people and
the government are realizing a long-held dream of a self-sufficient,
totally organic food supply.

(clip)