[Marxism] What's in a name? Linux vs. Stallman's GNU/Linux

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 10:30:54 MST 2014

There very much is a difference between free software and open source --
while OSS licenses are compatible with the GPL, the freedoms provided
vary. And Stallman, I believe, has been proven right that removing the
political and moral aspect of free software would be a lose for us.

I think there could be an argument made that open source winning out
also relates to tech companies expecting unpaid labor as well.