[Marxism] Confronting the Stalinist Legacy

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 2 16:57:16 MST 2014

Sebastian Clare said:
"There are, of course, Stalinists all over the place, but my limited research does seem to
indicate that there are far more, both numerically and proportionally, in
Russia than anywhere else. How can this be, when it was they who he was so
heartlessly murdering?"

Ken Hiebert responds:
It may be similar to situations in other countries.  In Nicaragua there were those who still identified with Somoza and in Spain those who still revered Franco.  I am struck when I see, in modern, supposedly secular European countries, those who still identify with medieval religious institutions.