[Marxism] There Is No Academic “Profession” | A Post-Academic in NYC

h0ost host at mailoo.org
Fri Jan 3 12:28:34 MST 2014

On 01/03/2014 11:06 AM, Mark Lause wrote:

> However, an academic profession exists and will survive, even if most of
> the practitioners of a discipline aren't really full members.
>
> ML

Indeed.  And if we fail to end the dual system of labor, currently
dividing tenured and "part-time" adjunct teachers, education workers
might all be laboring under adjunct conditions before long.

In my experience, the primary stumbling block to organizing has indeed
been the core of tenured (and tenure-track) faculty who are determined
to maintain their island of relative privilege.