[Marxism] ESR's The Cathedral and the Bazaar - excerpts

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:02:39 MST 2014

Not sure if this was directed at me, but in case it was I figured I
should just say I've been involved with this over half my life :), so no
need to send the classics.

This isn't really going anywhere, but I do have to say that, as I'm sure
you know, Linux development has had a hierarchy and coordination for a
long time.

But that is mostly related to a misunderstanding in the programming
community, and not here, of what a boss is and that their "flat
hierarchy" companies (Github for example) aren't what they pretend they
are.