[Marxism] More background on Davidson!

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 3 20:26:54 MST 2014

On 1/3/14 10:13 PM, Joaquín Bustelo wrote:

> OK. It is now six hours later. So why isn't there a reproduction of this
> article on this list, so that those of us who can't --or just won't--
> pay to get through the pay wall can also read it?
>
> Rags like Harper's that try to extort payment for a year's subscription
> to access a single article need to be systematically pirated so they
> learn that "copyright" is an artifice of 19th and 20th century
> industrial capitalism, and if they can't figure out how to adapt to the
> 21st Century, there is a reserved niche with their name on it in the
> Smithsonian, right next to the player piano rolls.

The last time I put a Harper's article on the Marxmail server, I got a
letter from them demanding that I take it down. I wonder how the hell
they figured out that I put it there. I know they have software that
checks for plagiarism on the basis of duplicate text. It can be used for
checking on copyright violations as well apparently.