[Marxism] Russell Jacoby reviews the New York Review of Books

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 6 09:44:03 MST 2014

If memory serves me, it was in his book, Image and Reality of the Israel–Palestine Conflict, that Norman Finkelstein recounted his experience with NYRB.
The NYRB published a favourable review of Joan Peters book From Time Immemorial.  Finkelstein had done a forensic examination of Peters' book and largely discredited it.  Finkelstein submitted a letter to the NYRB.
The NYRB did not publish his letter  Since that time they have occasionally published articles offering some critique of Israel, but to the best of my knowledge they have never disowned their embarrassing review of the Peters book.
						ken h