[Marxism] Frankenpolitics: The Left defence of GMOs

Leigh Phillips leigh.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:14:31 MST 2014

I got a little tired of green-left anti-science nonsense about GMOs, so I
wrote a mythbusting left-wing defence of genetic modification for Red
Pepper. Anti-GM politics is, I argue, a technophobic distraction from the
real issues of political economy in food and agriculture.

(And I stick out my tongue at that insufferable pedlar of the fallacy of
the Appeal to Nature, Vandana Shiva)

This is the full version of the article:
http://leighphillips.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/frankenpolitics-the-left-defence-of-gmos/

TL;DR:
http://www.redpepper.org.uk/debate-gm-is-good-for-you/

Cheers,
Leigh

Leigh Phillips
European Affairs Journalist & Science Writer
leigh.phillips at gmail.com
Twitter: Leigh_Phillips