[Marxism] Interview with Adam Hanieh on his new book

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Wed Jan 8 09:54:43 MST 2014

On 1/8/2014 5:53 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> As I've mentioned in my review on Facebook, and perhaps on this list,
> Adam's books are essential reading for an understanding of the political
> economy of the Middle East and North Africa. He uses a rock-solid
> materialist method which exposes the mainstream (and even shallow
> progressive) shibboleths. And his focus on intertwined national, regional
> and global levels is eye-opening.

Hear hear! We've been hanging out at Birzeit University the last few
days as visitors helping design a doctoral programme (Palestine's first
in social science), and his work is absolutely fabulous, very inspiring
to the radical intellectuals here, and his manner is so authentic and
disarming that even those normally hostile to marxian studies take him
very very seriously.