[Marxism] Frankenpolitics: The Left defence of GMOs,

David P Á david at miradoiro.com
Wed Jan 8 12:49:03 MST 2014

On 08/01/2014 20:29, DW wrote:
> Foxes...I don't give a shit one way or another. Are they endangered? I
> doubt it. Maybe? Then it should be banned. Same with denying the *right* of
> Native American's to hunt for whales. If they are not endangered, why care?

Incidentally I believe the fox hunting controversy, in the UK at least,
has a lot more to do with social and economic issues than some abstract
matter of cruelty to animals. Specifically, fox hunts often tresspass on
farmers' cultivated land, causing damage, and since it is regarded as
accidental tresspass, as the dogs cannot recognised human property
boundaries, it was only a civil matter.

So having a rampaging bunch of rich riders chasing after horses and
invading fields is what, as far as I know, caused a lot of people to
oppose the hunt.

On this issue it's really annoying how the EU has banned the import of
seal products. Seals are not in danger of extinction, so the only
reasons to forbid their import are completely irrational, nothing more
than the reasons not to eat horse or the like.

--David.