[Marxism] Hegel : 'hopeless baggage'?

shaun may mnwps at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 06:41:49 MST 2014

dave.xx wrote: *I think Hegel is hopeless baggage

and Quine and modern naturalism is great, etc, etc.*

Marx and Engels, and all the major figures who they

subsequently influenced, would have disagreed. Here

is link to a letter to Engels, dated Jan 16, 1858.

http://marxists.anu.edu.au/archive/marx/works/1858/letters/58_01_16.htm

And here is my very modest contribution after a reading of Hegel.

http://spmay.wordpress.com/synopsis-of-hegels-science-of-logic/

The 'empirical' is, of course, indispensable. But Positivism is a

different question. In my opinion, summa summarum, the pentobarbital

of the the critical faculties of any revolutionary.

Didn't Marx refer to it as *Scheisspositivismus*? *Facts, facts, facts, only
facts matter*. So said Gradgrind in Dickenshttp://shaunpmay.wordpress.com

http://spmay.wordpress.com

Take it easy  (favourite motto of Engels)

Doubt everything (favourite motto of Marx)

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
Groucho Marx

'Sir, if you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.'  Nancy Astor.
'Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.' Winston Churchill.

Blenheim Palace, 1912