[Marxism] Anti-Imperialist “Support” and Responsibility

Douglas Greene greene.douglas at ymail.com
Fri Jan 10 09:32:02 MST 2014

“You're playing into the hands of imperialism! We need to support Iran against the USA!”

Anyone
 who has been around certain sections of the radical left has
encountered this attitude at one time or another. For some on the left,
it is not enough to oppose US imperialism or its wars, but we need to do
 more and 'support' every government targeted by the United States. And
that 'support' winds up being uncritical support to any government
opposed  to the United States, no matter how repressive or reactionary
it may be.

http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/anti-imperialist-%E2%80%9Csupport%E2%80%9D-and-responsibility-2811