[Marxism] Lone Survivor | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jan 13 12:13:42 MST 2014

In recent trips to my local Cineplex to catch up with Hollywoodiana, I
was genuinely surprised to see what amounted to a PSA on behalf of “Lone
Survivor”, a film I saw about a month ago as a DVD screener sent from a
publicist in conjunction with the NYFCO awards meeting. As a sign that
my fellow critics have not been debased beyond all hope, this supremely
stupid militarist movie did not get nominated for a single award. Unlike
“Zero Dark Thirty”, it is the sort of film that used to star Chuck
Norris or Sylvester Stallone even though it aspires to higher levels. It
is based on an incident that occurred during the “war on terror” in
Afghanistan but is so bizarrely hyperbolic in the way it depicts Navy
Seals that it defies its own claims to be truthful.

full: http://louisproyect.org/2014/01/13/lone-survivor/