[Marxism] The Militant - January 27, 2014 -- Israel boycott weakens fights of Palestinians, workers

Sheldon Ranz sranz18 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 09:08:39 MST 2014

As a supporter of the BDS movement (I am a Jew and a Zionist), let me say
that any criticism of Israel - not just BDS - carries the risk of fanning
the flames of anti-Semitism.  So?  The solution is to deal with
anti-Semitic opportunism as it comes up, not hide under one's bed and be
quiet.  So I differ with Galinsky on that point.

In addition, it needs to be stressed that BDS leaders such as Omar
Barghouti have gone out of their way to confront anti-Semitism within BDS,
such as expelling Gilad Atzmon and others.

At the current time, there is no mass working class ANC-like structure
among the Palestinians, so BDS will have to do until then.