[Marxism] En movimiento: The Season of Critical Inflation | Jonathan Rosenbaum

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jan 20 22:25:05 MST 2014

http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.net/2013/12/en-movimiento-the-season-of-critical-inflation/

My classmate at Bard who launched a career as a film critic in 1967 at
the very time I was launching mine as a Trotskyist (sigh) has very much
the same take as me on all the "great" movies getting awards,
particularly this one:

12 Years a Slave –- an arthouse exploitation gift to masochistic guilty
liberals hungry for history lessons, some of whom consider any treatment
of American slavery by a black filmmaker to be an unprecedented event,
thus overlooking Charles Burnett’s far superior Nightjohn.