[Marxism] PFLP helps break the seige of Yarmouk

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 15:05:28 MST 2014

This is more BS - Now the Assad forces are bringing relief for the Assad
imposed siege. This is a PR move by the fascist ahead of tomorrow's "peace
conference"

"I see as much misery out of 'em moving to justify themselves as 'em
looking to do harm" doc in Deadwood. His words should be taken to heart by
these "anti-imperialists" who insist on spreading Assad regime propaganda
in an effort to justify their past positions.

Now more on PFLP_GC and Yarmouk:

 http://www.uruknet.info/?p=104101

January 12, 2014

> LONDON, (PIC)-- The action group for the Palestinians in Syria strongly
> denounced head of the popular front-general command (PFLP-GC) Hosam Arafat
> in the West Bank for minimizing the tragedy of Al-Yarmouk refugee camp in
> Damascus, which led 40 Palestinians to starve to death.
>
> Coordinator of the action group Tareq Hamoud told Quds Press that Arafat's
> claim that a few number of Palestinians were affected by the blockade on
> Al-Yarmouk camp was an implicit confession of the GC's direct
> responsibility for the siege imposed on Al-Yarmouk refugees.
>
> Hamoud stated that such an attempt to play down the number of the victims
> or the affected people reflects that the leadership of the GC has no moral,
> humanitarian or national feelings.
>
> He held the Syrian regime and the leadership of the PFLP-GC fully
> responsible for the inhumane blockade imposed on Al-Yarmouk refugees.

This post from Yallasouriya
<http://yallasouriya.wordpress.com/tag/pflp-gc/>helps explain what is
going on:

The awful truth of Yarmouk camp starving in Syria is that it is not
> starving, only part of it is. Unfortunately inside the camp is a population
> of pro Assad Palestinians (Those affiliated to Jibril
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Jibril) and some who are Under
> threat. When there were clashes in the camp a while back, many of Jibrils
> members defected as not to support the regime..he fled but has an upper
> hand now in the area.
>
> While on the other side are Palestinians who saw Assad crimes and stood
> against Jibril and the regime. What has happened is that yes there is food
> in the camp but orders have been given to increase the price for certain
> areas and ban it in other areas while blocking the roads thus leading
> people to starve. The prices are considered expensive for working people in
> the UK. Consider that price in a war zone & in a camp that always was poor
> anyway and now under siege ?
>
> You see photos of people dying in the road of hunger and by them men and
> women walking by looking healthy and ignoring.
>
> That’s because inside Yarmouk is a mini war in itself. Not just by the
> Assad regime but by the people of Jibril. There is food in the camp. It’s
> not an issue of no food. The issue is helping those starving get the food
> either by reaching their closed areas within the camp or buying food from
> the threatened sellers and distributing to the poor.
>
> The siege of Yarmouk camp differs to other sieges where the regime
> besieges it from the outside and we have to find ways to get in and help
> the people. Yarmouk camp has food inside, but dirty politics has led to
> dozens dead of starvation and videos being released of people eating leaves
> and twigs and rotten remains..a camp where politics has led to some
> watching others die of starvation as they enjoy an evening meal at home.
>
> The saying of the prophet Muhamad on his tongue and God tells us…..
>
> “He is not a believer, who eats his fill while his neighbour is hungry.’
>
> ´He does not believe in me, who eats his fill while his neighbour beside
> him is hungry, and he knows about it’
>
> ´Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him not harm or annoy his
> neighbour…’
>
> The prophet told his companion: ´O Abu Dharr, if you cook some broth, add
> extra water to it, and take care of your neighbour.’ … According to another
> report he said, ´If you cook some broth, add extra water to it, then think
> of the families in your neighbourhood and send some of it to them.’
>
> Awful situation indeed.

from: http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=666074 we have:

A statement from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine --
> General Command said that various militant groups agreed to facilitate the
> entry of much-needed food and medicine supplies to the besieged Damascus
> camp via Rama Street on Saturday.
>
> The agreement will grant students and sick patients the opportunity to
> exit the camp, the statement said.
>
> According to the PFLP-GC, roadblocks and earth mounds were removed early
> Saturday to create an entrance for the goods.
>
> This sounds like the PFLP-GC was maintaining the roadblocks.

> Several attempts to deliver aid to Yarmouk camp have been thwarted in
> recent weeks due to rigorous fighting within and around the camp.
>
> At least four Palestinians were killed in the camp on Thursday after
> government helicopters dropped a barrel bomb on it, the Syrian Observatory
> for Human Rights said.
>
> Militants say at least seven Palestinians refugees died in the attack.
>
> At least 50 people have died due to food and medicine shortages in the
> camp in recent months, according to the Observatory.
>
> After rebels seized control of Yarmouk in December 2012, the camp became
> embroiled in the armed fighting taking place across Syria and came under
> heavy regime assault.
>
> Regime forces eventually encircled the camp and in July imposed a siege on
> the camp, leading to a rapid deterioration of living conditions.
>
> Fatah leader Abbas Zaki told Ma'an in mid-October that Yarmouk's
> population of 250,000 had dwindled to 18,000 after two and a half years of
> conflict in Syria.
>
> The PFLP-GC is a small Palestinian militant group allied with Syrian
> President Bashar Assad

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291