[Marxism] Unproductive labour and falling rate of profit.

David P Á david at miradoiro.com
Wed Jan 22 02:07:32 MST 2014

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the impact that increased
rates of unproductive labour (specifically, direct hire of
domestic/personal service workers by the capitalist class) may have on
the prevailing rate of profit. Looking at things from the standpoint of
the social wage, it would seem that such outlays would increase
aggregate demand and contribute to avoid overproduction/underconsumption
issues, and, when looked at in the aggregate as a social cost of
reproduction of capital, wouldn't it form a part of the aliquot share of
labour to be added up in the production of commodities?

So I'm wondering if such a device may stall or counterpoise the tendency
for the rate of profit to fall. If I'm completely mistaken in this
notion, I'd also appreciate to hear about it.

--
--David.
Omnis enim res quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur, nondum