[Marxism] 3 Book Bargains for Book Fetishists

Red Arnie redarnie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 10:15:16 MST 2014

I just received my January 2014 sale catalog from Labyrinth Books (
www.labyrinthbooks.com  /  retail store: Princeton, NJ) and saw 4 bargains
for new books and I only got up to page 7 of 70. Thought it was worth
sharing:

122635 Intellectual Origins of American Radicalism, Staughton Lynd, 2009,
Cambridge $12.98 (list $25.99)
156127 The Invention of the White Race, Vol. 1, Theodore Allen, 2012, Verso
$12.98 (list $29.95)
155227 The Invention of the White Race, Vol. 2, Theodore Allen, 2012, Verso
$12.98 (list $29.95)
156176 Marxism in the United States, Paul Buhle, 2013, Verso $12.98 (list
$26.95)

They also always have a good selection of used books on Marxism and the
labor movement in store and online.

Some list reader with the correct line can surely turn my header into an
articulate 100 plus page polemic on Marx's use of the words "fetish" and
"fetishism" in his various works and explain why a misunderstanding of the
"correct" and finely nuanced psychological / philosophical meaning (as used
by Marx at each point in his writings) will lead you down the path to the
lowest level of hell where you and your fellow counter-revolutionaries
cannot possibly get any use, satisfaction or enjoyment from any one of your
misunderstood fetishes.

No matter, I thoroughly enjoy the motto of Bolerium Books
(www.bolerium.com/ Retail store: San Francisco): "Fighting Commodity
Fetishism with
Commodity Fetishism since 1981."

Enjoy your books and your fetishes so long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

Red Arnie