[Marxism] Jacobin and the Middle East

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jan 22 11:32:48 MST 2014

On 1/22/14 12:23 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> But in this article Louis mentions again his belief that Jacobin has
> published crap on the Middle East. That wasn’t at all my recollection, and
> to be sure I went back and checked the contents of all current and past
> issues. Here’s what I found.

I was referring to the fawning review of Maximilian Forte's book on Libya:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2013/09/libya-and-its-contexts/

and

Freddie DeBoer's "buyer's remorse" article on the Arab Spring:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2013/09/good-wars-real-or-imagined/

and

Asa Winstanley's "Syria, the Revolution that never was":

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2013/11/syria-the-revolution-that-never-was/

Darth Nader dismantled Winstanley's article here:

arthnader.net/2013/11/22/response-to-syria-the-revolution-that-never-was/