[Marxism] How a Famous 90-year old Docgtor Survived Hospitalization, and you Won't

Jesse Lemisch jesse.lemisch at verizon.net
Wed Jan 22 23:58:12 MST 2014

My critique of the otherwise admirable Dr. Arnold Relman, emeritus prof at
 Harvard Medical School and former editor of The New England Journal of
Medicine, who has written in the latest New York Review of Books of his
survival at Mass General, where he was well taken care of by many (including
 his wife, the admirable Marcia Angell -- also a former editor of NEJM) .He
 doesn't seem to have a clue about the possible role of his standing and
reputation in getting him such good care. I conclude: "I'm going to ask
Marcia Angell and Arnold Relman to accompany me when I'm next
>hospitalized -- just for good luck. May all of us be so accompanied." NYRB
 continues to be somewhat blind about privilege and inequality.-