[Marxism] Scarlett Johansson and Oxfam

Prashad, Vijay Vijay.Prashad at trincoll.edu
Fri Jan 24 08:45:51 MST 2014

Scarlett Johansson

Actor, Hollywood.

Winnie Byanyima
Executive Director, Oxfam.

Dear Ms. Johansson and Ms. Byanyima,

We are writing to you about the involvement of Ms. Johansson as the Global Ambassador for Oxfam at the same time as she is the Brand Ambassador for Sodastream.

Sodastream, as we will show, is an Israeli company that is based on an illegal settlement, illegal according to Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention (1949). Not only are we concerned with Ms. Johansson’s involvement with this firm, but we are equally troubled by how her work erodes Oxfam’s credibility as a social justice organization.

For more: http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/16159/open-letter-to-scarlett-johansson-and-oxfam..