[Marxism] Fwd: de Blasio on his job description

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 24 15:11:51 MST 2014

Mayor Bill de Blasio gave an unannounced speech at a gala of the
American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the leading pro-Israel lobby
group, in Midtown Manhattan on Thursday night, assuring its members
that “part of my job description is to be a defender of Israel.”

***

Mr. de Blasio assured Aipac members “that City Hall will always be
open to Aipac,” adding, “When you need me to stand by you in
Washington or anywhere, I will answer the call, and I will answer it
happily, because that’s my job.”

full at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/25/nyregion/de-blasio-in-private-speech-to-aipac-stresses-commitment-to-israel.html?hpw&rref=nyregion