[Marxism] Memorial Song for Ariel Sharon

Paul Flewers trusscott.foundation at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 09:35:04 MST 2014

Deborah Maccoby of Jews for Justice for Palestinians has composed a
memorial song for Ariel Sharon, to be sung to the refrain of 'My Way'.

Paul F

**************************

And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I wrecked the hope for peace -- I did it all in such a sly way,
And more, much more than this, I did it my way.

Regrets -- I wish I'd killed old Arafat back in the eighties;
I wish that Israel filled right from the Nile to the Euphrates --
But I built settlements and an apartheid settler highway,
And more, much more than this, I did it my way.

Yes the were times, I'm sure you knew,
When I bit off more than I could chew.
And yet, from Gaza, I'd no doubt
That I would get the settlers out!
I built a Wall -- and best of all, I did it my way!

I knew I would go far in my career as a mass killer.
I started with Qibya, went on to Sabra and Shatila.
But I've made them believe I'm in the middle of the highway!
Likud I left for good -- I did it my way!

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has not
To dare to murder and to lie
And not to care how many die;