[Marxism] Fast track authority: Back to the drawing board?

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:27:06 MST 2014

Sounds like  a manoeuvre initiated in particular by Democrats representing districts with less competitive manufacturers to get tougher language in these trade agreements to protect against alleged Japanese and Chinese "currency manipulation" and "dumping".

The administration is probably crafting some weasel words  as we speak in order to mollify the auto, steel, and other industries and their unions in exchange for the authority to negotiate the deals.

It's clearly been taking its marching orders from the stronger financial, pharmaceutical, and high tech industries in the US who have the most to gain from these agreements and who have been driving the process forward.