[Marxism] Mummar Qaddafi and Boko Haram

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 18:40:59 MDT 2014

 Image a bandit breaks into your house but you manage to drive him off.
Then he goes to a neighbors house and robs it and the neighbor blames you
for letting a bandit loose on the neighborhood.

This is the way I see those on the left who blame the Libyan revolution for
flooding Africa with weapons. When the thuwar complained that Qaddafi was
using African mercenaries to do his fighting, these people called it a
racist lie. When Qaddafi was defeated and these mercenaries took the
weapons Qaddafi gave them and the ones they looted from Qaddafi's arsenal
and returned to Mali, Niger and Nigeria to make trouble, do these
"anti-imperialists" apologized for their earlier false charges? No! They
blame the revolution for flooding Africa with Qaddafi's weapons!

I call it blaming the needle for the pus.

Why aren't these "anti-imperialists" blaming the imperialists for selling
Qaddafi billions of  dollars worth of weapons that they knew were going to
be used to suppress his people?  I wrote a piece about Arming Gaddfi
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2011/02/arming-gaddfi_7989.html>one week
after 17 Feb. 2011.

Many of those weapons were flooding Africa while Qaddafi was still in power
because the self-declared "King of all African kings" was one on of the
major armers of Islamic terrorist groups in Africa, from the formation of
JEM in Sudan to Boko Haram in Nigeria. I also think his trouble making in
Africa enjoyed the full support of the imperialists. Now they will have to
ride herd on the Africans more directly. Hence AFRICOM. I began my
exploration of this in a piece I published the day before the assault on
Tripoli began : Helter Skelter: Qaddafi's African Adventure
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2011/08/helter-skelter-qaddafi-african-adventure_504.html>

Here are some interesting links I have found on Libya and Boko Haram,
although I haven't read them yet:
http://www.nairaland.com/710035/re-boko-haram-gaddafi-did

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/05/08/unsecured-libyan-weapons-went-to-boko-haram/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-14883430