[Marxism] Venezuela sanctions response?

Jeff Rubard jeffrubard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:10:45 MDT 2014

There already is a Venezuela petition which looks serviceable:
http://afgj.org/venezuela-solidarity-petition

Ideally, a functional left-wing coalition could mount protests in New York
or DC. However, I gather that's not a reality, and anyhow Kerry has staked
out an atrocious position and presumably would be near-impervious to
challenges from below. However, it seems that the motive force for
sanctions is coming from Florida, for familiar reasons and also probably
because it's become an outlet mall for rich Brazilians. A "middle way"
involving emails to Florida pols like Rick Scott telling them to back off
might potentially be productive.