[Marxism] And I thought I was the only person who couldn't stand Sebastian Budgen

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jun 17 18:52:25 MDT 2014

On 6/17/14 8:22 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> Am I to infer that Sebastian is leaving Facebook?

No, the issue is that he unfriending anybody who does a status on the
World Cup which led Jamie Smith to say:

i'd struggle to find a more cancerous presence on the marxist left [tho
it is an overcrowded field] than public school boy douche-nozzle and
self-styled eminence grise of HM/ verso [sicilian banditry] publishing
nexus, Sebastian Budgen. Why numerous academics keep getting on their
knees to suck off a such bullying, petite-bourgeois imbecile [apart from
their complete embrace of a neoliberal publish-or-die culture] shows our
favoured revolutionary subject [ie declasse academics] is a complete
dud. He's now unfriending anybody who statuses the world cup. A thing
enjoyed by billions of working class ppl in case we forget. I suspect
this was because the sporty kids bullied the fuck out of poor seb at
eton; in any case, people should probably reflect on the sort of class
enemies they routinely entertain in their own daily doings b4 the next
time they moan about union leaders selling out; votes for strikes going
the wrong way etc etc