[Marxism] Is there an "anti-imperialist camp"?

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 06:48:02 MDT 2014

>From an antiwar list:

http://newsfirst.lk/english/2014/06/president-receives-peace-democracy-award-bolivia/40374

President Mahinda Rajapaksa received an award from Bolivia in recognition
of his contribution to peace and democracy.

*The Presidential Spokesperson and International Media Unit notes that the
award is the highest honour awarded by the Plurinational State of Bolivia.*

Álvaro García Linera, vice president of Bolivia and president of the
Legislative Assembly, presented President Mahinda Rajapaksa with the
‘Parliamentary Order Merit Democratic Representative Marcelo Quiroga Santa
Cruza” at the Legislative Assembly in La Paz, Bolivia, on Monday.

*Bolivia notes that President Mahinda Rajapaksa was selected for the honour
for having defeated terrorism and established peace and development in Sri
Lanka.*

*The Presidential Spokesperson and International Media Unit said the award
also recognizes President Rajapaksa’s commitment to human rights and his
initiative to improve and expand relations with South America, including
Bolivia.*

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon was also scheduled to receive the award.

President Rajapaksa also held bi-lateral talks with his Bolivian
counterpart Evo Morales on Monday.

During the discussion, President Morales expressed his willingness to work
closely with Sri Lanka.

*President Morales inquired about Sri Lanka’s political, economic,
industrial, export and import sectors and showed particular interest in Sri
Lanka’s apparel sector.*

While stating that his visit to Bolivia is a new beginning in diplomatic,
economic and trade relations with South American nations, President
Rajapaksa said establishing relationships with new nations is a part of the
Government’s policy.

*President Morales also accepted President Rajapaksa’s invitation to visit
Sri Lanka.*

Following the conclusion of bilateral talks, President Morales hosted a
colorful ceremony with military honors for President Rajapaksa at the
Presidential Palace.