[Marxism] Facing the Grim Reaper, Once Again: Buddha, Galileo and the Hospital Industry | CENSA

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jun 20 13:55:00 MDT 2014

By Roger Burbach

  On the Ides of March I awoke in a cold sweat from an apocalyptic
nightmare in a hospital bed at the University of California, San
Francisco medical center. I trembled and could not suppress a cry as I
recalled my dream of General Augusto Pinochet rising from his tomb as a
skeleton. Donned in his military cap and cloak, he looked like the
skeletons that are prominently displayed in Mexico on the Day of the
Dead. He carried the scythe of the Grim Reaper and began marching
through the streets of Santiago, Chile, slaughtering those that crossed
his path. He went to the chambers of Judge Juan Guzman who had
prosecuted him, hacked him in half with the scythe, then proceeded to
the offices of Juan Pablo Cardenas, the editor of the leading resistance
magazine during the dictatorship, destroying desks and typewriters
before cornering Juan Pablo. He next sought out my friend Fernando
Zegers, a lawyer who worked at the Vicariate of Solidarity, a human
rights organization founded by Cardinal Raul Silvia Henriquez. Seeing a
picture of the now departed Cardinal on the wall, Pinochet cursed at it
saying “you hid Communists under your bed.”

Desperately I called on everyone I knew in Chile and abroad to help
resist the General’s onslaught, but to no avail. Even when my comrades
managed to break his bones, the skeleton reassembled. Finally Pinochet
spotted me and as he approached with his raised scythe I awoke from my
traumatic nightmare.

full:
http://wp.globalalternatives.org/latest-news/facing-the-grim-reaper-once-again-buddha-galileo-and-the-hospital-industry