[Marxism] O'Donnell's good question and Obama's bad answer

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 15:27:43 MDT 2014

Various media have different lists of job types in Obama's remarks. The
official transcript says "farmers, teachers or pharmacists:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/19/remarks-president-situation-iraq

But that's not my main point. Below is my comment when a Syrian
revolutionary friend shared the article:

"The worst part about his speech is his slanderous denial of the ability of
"farmers or teachers or pharmacists" to defeat Assad. It is PRECISELY those
folks and the rest of Syria's working masses who alone can defeat Assad.
The problem is not the class composition of the FSA, but rather that of its
bourgeois leadership. (And one day the US working masses will overthrow the
filthy ruling class whom Obama gladly serves here.)
PS: I must say Obama clearly doesn't know shit about the Arab-American
community or he wouldn't have slandered pharmacists in particular."

This comment drew an impressive number of "likes" from other pro-Revolution
Arabs. (And of course they're spitting mad about Obama's callous remarks in
general, the essence of which is 'you Syrians are too low-class and stupid
to deserve our support, so fuck off.'"