[Marxism] Peter Greste and the not so innocent state in both Egypt and Australia

en.passant at bigpond.com en.passant at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 23 06:59:31 MDT 2014

Of course the conviction of Australian journalist Peter Greste in Egypt is a travesty of justice. So too are Aboriginal deaths in custody, imprisoning innocent asylum seekers and their children in concentration camps, criminalising dissent, fining or jailing workers for 'illegal' strikes and imprisoning Aboriginal peoples on their own lands.

The fight for justice in Australia is the fight against the same sort of forces imprisoning Peter Greste in Egypt. Our fight against injustice here is the fight against injustice everywhere. Peter Greste's struggle is our struggle.

http://enpassant.com.au/2014/06/23/peter-greste-and-the-not-so-innocent-state-in-both-egypt-and-australia/