[Marxism] Will anti-war groups embrace US "hit & run" morality?

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 13:15:51 MDT 2014

The latest from Linux Beach:

      Will anti-war groups embrace US "hit & run" morality?
      <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2014/06/will-anti-war-groups-embrace-us-hit-run.html>

> According to a New York Times/CBS News poll released
> <http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/upshot/poll-shows-no-consensus-in-us-for-helping-in-iraq.html?_r=0> Tuesday:
>

>     Over all, 42 percent said the United States had a responsibility
>     to do something about the hostilities in Iraq, and 50 percent said
>     it did not.
>
> Anyone who is even casually familiar with the role of the United
> States in Iraq over the past several decades knows that its actions
> have played a major role in creating the problems Iraq is suffering
> from today. For more than a decade before the 2003 US War on Iraq, the
> US punished it with air strikes and sanctions that wrecked the economy
> and killed hundreds of thousands. That was followed by 8 years of war
> and occupation in which more than half a million people were killed,
> the country's infrastructure was destroyed, and the people were set
> against each other in the usual pattern of imperialist sectarian rule.
> The sectarian Shiite government against which the Sunni minority is
> now revolting was put in place by the United States. So to claim that
> the United States has no responsibility to do anything about the
> current state of affairs in Iraq, represents the same immoral denial
> of responsibility that has given Los Angeles a 48% hit and run
> accident rate
> <http://laist.com/2013/07/26/public_safety_committee_20000_hit-and-runs.php>.

*More...*
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2014/06/will-anti-war-groups-embrace-us-hit-run.html>

Also please checkout my fund raising campaign at GoFundMe
<http://www.gofundme.com/aqvxrs>. I could really use your help this month.

In Solidarity,

Clay

Clay Claiborne, Director