[Marxism] Fwd: Libya in shock after murder of human rights activist Salwa Bugaighis | World news | The Guardian

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 23:07:29 MDT 2014

Typical "Glass half empty" viewpoint on the Libyan Revolution.
They just had their 2nd successful parliamentary elections since Qaddafi
gone. It generated 3 articles in the Guardian, near as I can tell:
Disillusionment mars *Libya's* national poll
<http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/25/libya-revolution-democracy-confusion-voters>
Salwa Bugaighis, *Libyan* human rights activist, shot dead in Benghazi
<http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/26/salwa-bugaighis-libyan-shot-dead-benghazi>
*Libya* in shock after murder of human rights activist Salwa Bugaighis
<http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/26/libya-shock-murder-human-rights-activist-salwa-bugaighis-benghazi>
The assassination of Salwa Bugaighis is a great lost.
But they did just have an election as opposed to what happened in Syria,
Egypt,.....

I recently did a survey of events in the first 3 years following the
French, Russian, and Cuban Revolutions. I didn't find things exactly
peachy-keen in those cases either.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291