[Marxism] Reuters: Pope says communists are closet Christians

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:40:46 MDT 2014

That seems to be because those stories were crap and had no basis in fact.
See the citations here for a start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis#Dirty_War

In fact, by nearly all informed accounts, Francis' actions during the Dirty
War seems to have been the opposite of what you insinuate.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/survivors-pope-francis-saved-many-dirty-wars

As "his exact role" was a positive - many would say heroic - one, it's easy
to understand why he doesn't crow about it publicly.

But he's "denied all accusations against him." Spread malicious slander if
you like, but don't pretend he's remained silent about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/the-pope/9944470/Jesuit-priest-was-not-denounced-by-Pope-Francis.html

The Pope should spend a bit more time clarifying his exact role during

--
lytlað."