[Marxism] Alain Badiou on Ukraine, Egypt and Finitude [23th April 2014]

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu May 1 19:16:59 MDT 2014

On 5/1/14 8:40 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:
> Judging from that Žižek article you posted here last night, I should
> certainly think so! :-D
>
> Seriously, I know of no one who fact-checks everything they post here, or
> on any comparable forum.
>
> And: glass houses, stones, etc., etc.

For the edification of new subscribers, Joseph--who went a year or so
without posting here--is a supporter of Bashar al-Assad. I am not sure
why since he called himself an anarchist some time ago (I think--at
least he adores the Black bloc). Most anarchists would like to see him
hung in Syria by his entrails. I of course am referring to al-Assad, not
Joseph.

Despite his admission that he is not a Marxist, he has no trouble
interjecting himself into the ongoing discussions here. My guess is that
he is influenced by the pro-Baathist elements of the Palestinian
leadership since he resided (or may still reside) in Gaza. As people can
easily figure out, there are very few people--probably none--who don't
line up on Ukraine as they do on Syria. For them, geopolitics trumps the
class struggle.