[Marxism] Stephen F. Cohen is not the man he used to be | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri May 2 13:50:33 MDT 2014

Ever since the crisis in the Ukraine broke out, Stephen F. Cohen has
been campaigning on behalf of a Kremlin that he warns is being unfairly
demonized by the West as part of an effort to start a new Cold War. Some
of his arguments can only be described as ludicrous. For example: “That
the Ukraine crisis was instigated by the West’s attempt, last November,
to smuggle the former Soviet republic into NATO.” In fact, despite the
millions of words to this effect from the pro-Putin left, this is what
the new foreign minister stated on March 29th:

	Acting Foreign Affairs Minister of Ukraine Andriy Deschytsia has once
again stated that the new Ukrainian government is not intending to lead
Ukraine to NATO.

	“We are considering all options regarding the strengthening of our
security and collective security. But we must stick to the existing
legislation of Ukraine,” he said at a press conference in Kyiv on Saturday.

	The official noted that in accordance with the Ukrainian legislation
Ukraine is a non-aligned state.

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2014/05/02/stephen-f-cohen-is-not-the-man-he-used-to-be/