[Marxism] These People Are Still Being Held by Armed Separatists in Ukraine

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun May 4 14:37:08 MDT 2014

On 5/4/14 3:55 PM, Anthony Hartin wrote:

> Seriously? You're quoting the Torygraph in order to justify the murder
> of *some* people sheltering in a trade's union building?

The Guardian has the same basic report.

I don't know if Tony has been following events in the east but every
peaceful protest has been violently attacked. In Odessa, the Maidan side
this time included men from a football club who were prepared to fight
back. People on the roof of the building were throwing molotov cocktails
and shooting guns at those outside. The pro-Russia activists have been
using violence for weeks now. This was a calamity that might have been
prevented if the rights of peaceful protest had been respected. Here is
a video of what happened to a Maidan protest in Donetsk to remind you of
the background:

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-04-28/violence-in-city-of-donetsk-reveals-divisions-tearing-apart-eastern-ukraine/