[Marxism] Stephen Cohen Is Wrong on Russia Ukraine America | New Republic

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun May 4 19:03:10 MDT 2014

On 5/4/14 8:42 PM, Michael Smith wrote

> Quomodo ceciderunt potestates!
>
> Louis, I'm dismayed to see you citing The Bananas Republic.
> What's next, a press release from AIPAC?

Why don't you comment on the substance of the article rather than its
origin. I posted an article from the Wall Street Journal yesterday whose
provenance is further to the right than New Republic but the reporting
struck me as sound.

More to the point, Cohen is a disgusting stooge. He told Amy Goodman
that "Every time a journalist breaks a leg, they say the Kremlin did
it.” In the 1930s, the Nation applauded the Moscow Trials. It seems that
it is returning to form.