[Marxism] The settlers/colonizers of Eastern Ukraine

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon May 5 07:59:42 MDT 2014

On 5/5/14 9:28 AM, Sergii Kutnii wrote:
> I would say that SE Ukraine is analogous not to Ireland or Algeria but
> to some parts of the US - especially the states carved out from the
> Northwest Territory where similar processes were almost synchronous.

I wonder if an English-language Marxist history of the Ukraine exists. I
am referring on and off to Orest Subtelny's 900 page book but despite
being informative lacks a class perspective. Roman Szporluk seems a bit
more grounded in Marxism although it is hard to tell where he is coming
from politically.